General climate-related resources:
- Excellent Seattle Times series on ocean acidification, Sea Change:
Part I – The Pacific’s Perilous Turn
Part II Lucrative Crab Industry in Danger
Part III Oysters Dying as Coast Hit Hard
- Our KXL quarter-page fact sheet and (also quarter page) action items flyer.
- We have great educational climate printouts here.
- Two of the best go-to sites for up-to-the-minute general climate change articles:
- On natural gas as a “bridge” fuel and why he’s optimistic: Josh Fox interview with MoJo
- Two of the best articles on talking to “skeptics” or deniers of climate change:
- From Climate Progress: Ninety-Nine One-Liners Rebutting Denier Talking Points
- From Grist: How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic
- Curious about who’s funding climate change denial? Check out this new chart, and the accompanying article.
- The Green Carols songbook!
- Check out our new Listening Project page here.
These links put the oil-transport business in perspective:
- Sightline Institute’s white paper on crude oil by rail
- Sierra Club’s map on Kinder Morgan Tar Sands
- Friends of the San Juans‘ Salish Sea Infographic
- Friends of the Earth Guest Editorial in Crosscut:
- Check out our new poster about the exploding oil trains.
- Look at the new report on coal trains and air pollution here.
Articles providing an overview of WA/Pacific NW tar sands, coal trains, and Bakken Shale transport:
- Brief Earthfix radio piece, “Sacred Grounds Versus Coal Transport”
- Tar Sand Risks Threaten the Health of the Puget Sound
- The threatened new Vancouver Terminal
- All things coal
- Where tar sands meet the Salish Sea
- Northwest energy whack-a-mole: Another pipeline rears its head
- The Tar Sands Pipeline Boom (with map)
Discover our latest news and events!