With the election of Manka Dhingra, WA Democrats have control of both the House and the Senate for the first time in years. The climate clock is running down: there can be no excuses from the Washington Democrats. We need bold climate action now. For our lives and the lives of everyone on this planet, we demand that the legislature halt all new fossil fuel infrastructure, and commit to a state economy running 100% on renewable energy within ten years.
What you can do now:
Contact your legislator to demand bold climate action now!
- Use this database to find your legislators email, phone number and social media handles– 2 mins
- Re-tweet this (the above database has some of their twitter handles–email us if you find more!) – 1 min
- Share this video on Facebook and tag your legislator – 1 min
- Call your legislator and ask for climate action – 5 mins
- Send your legislator a personal email asking for climate action (feel free to use these talking points) – 5 mins
Mark Your Calendars
We will be engaging with the legislature throughout the session. Here are some dates to mark on your calendars. If you are able to make any of these events and visit your legislator to ask for bold climate action… please do so! But make sure to sign up to hear of specific plans as we make them!
January 22nd: Climate Lobby Day. Full details here.
January 23rd: American Indian Lobby Day. Full details here.
February 20th: Youth Climate Action Day. Details coming!